Easter 2020: COVID-19 Virtual Easter Egg Hunt
While this year we can’t host an Easter egg hunt in person, we wanted to share this delightful, Caribbean-inspired virtual hunt created by Executive Director, Dewey Hollister, one year when his daughter was living in Germany and he couldn’t be with her for the holiday.
See how many you can guess. Answers will be posted next week!
The Easter Bunny cruises the Caribbean. (Don’t let the bunny’s ship break down! Good Luck)
- The egg is hidden in the Caribbean’s Pompeii. Name the city and the island.
- The egg is hidden in old Saint Domingue, the richest pearl in the Caribbean. Name the country today.
- The egg is hidden on the Caribbean’s next island. Grab your scuba gear and watch out for the kick!
- The egg is hidden on the A of the ABC islands.
- The egg is hidden in this forbidden city, less than 100 miles from Bone Island.
- The egg is hidden at the edge of the asphalt lake. Name the musical island.
- The egg is hidden in this Port city. A place so wicked that it slipped into the sea. So you’ll have to dive for it!
- The egg is hidden where you’ll have to walk seven miles of sand to find it. Check next to the turtle nests.
- The egg is hidden in the ‘Valley of the Heavens’. Name this island that has the all seeing eye.
- The egg is hidden on the tip of the cone of the Gibralter of the West Indies.
- The egg is hidden on the island that the people cut from the land. Make sure you don’t get hit by a golf cart!
- The egg is hidden on the birth place of an empress. C’est tres bien!
- The egg is hidden on the spice island.
- The egg is hidden on this island that isn’t really in the Caribbean but is home to the ‘lost continent’. A piece of heaven.
- The egg is hidden on this island, as far east as you can go. Look out for the monkeys.
- The egg is hidden in the perfect place to get clean.
- The egg is hidden on the smaller of the two divided islands.
- The egg is hidden on the ‘Butterfly Island’.
- The egg is hidden on the dusty island where the people have the north third but the mountain has taken the rest.
- The egg is hidden in a pine tree on the island that used to be named for them. Guess revolutionaries like kids better.
Good luck from your friends at The Botanical Garden of the Virgin Islands!